Aug 29 - Sep 1, 2013
Remember, paper entries must be pre-entered by
Friday, August 23, 2013 to be accepted for exhibit at the Fair.
On-Line entries will be available through Saturday, August 24, 2013.
You may enter On-Line or by filling out the Entry form below,
If you are not familiar with our Exhibitor Rules,
see our Rules at the bottom of the page.
Then, download the Entry Form,
select the Categories you are interested in
and return the form by Friday, August 23, 2013.
We'll have the printed copy available by July 29, 2013
at the following locations:
The Winnemucca Convention Center
The Humboldt County Chamber of Commerce
The Humboldt County Library
The Humboldt County Fairgrounds Office
The Extention Office
The Battle Mountain Chamber of Commerce
The Lovelock Chamber of Commerce
The Orovada Post Office
The Paradise Valley Post Office
The McDermitt Post Office
Most of the following files are provided in PDF format.
If you do not have Adobe Acrobat Reader, it is available free from Adobe.
Download & Print Pre-Entry Form
WHERE DO I PICK UP AN ENTRY FORM?
Download the Pre-Entry form above, then download the instructions above for the category you are interested in such as Photography, use the codes from Division, Class and Lot # to complete the pre-entry form. If you have any questions please e-mail Darrel@winnemucca.com or call
623-5071 Extention 102, and we'll walk you through it.
HOW CAN I ENTER?
Simply fill out a pre-entry form and drop it off at the Winnemucca Convention Center or the Extension Office. You can also enter your exhibits on-line at the top of the page. On the form enter all the items you are considering for entry into the fair. Enter everything you think you will want to bring to the fair since you cannot add an item at the last minute.
WHEN IS THE PRE-ENTRY DEADLINE?
All pre-entry forms are due Friday, Aug 23, 2013 at 5 pm. On-line entries will be available through Saturday, August 24, 2013 until 11:59pm. You can submit your pre-entry forms to the Convention Center or the Extension Office or by clicking the On-Line entry link. If you have any questions, please call the Convention Center at 775-623-5071 ext. 102, or after hours at 775-421-1366, or email Darrel@winnemucca.com
WHEN AND WHERE DO I BRING MY EXHIBITS?
Most exhibits may be checked in Tuesday, August 27, from 12 Noon to 7 pm and Wednesday, August 28, from 8 am to 10:30 am. If you are submitting entries for Floriculture, or Fruits, Vegetables and Crops, you may wish to check them in on Thursday, August 29, from Noon to 4pm. Check-in will be at the Events Complex in the Exhibit Hall Meeting Room. Please keep in mind that judging will start Wednesday by 1:00 pm, and Thursday by 4:00 pm for Floriculture and Fruits Vegetables & Crops.
WHAT IF I ENTERED AN ITEM AND DON'T WISH TO EXHIBIT IT?
No problem. Simply tell the check-in clerk and the item will be deleted from the list.
WHAT IF I HAVE AN ITEM THAT FITS IN MORE THAN ONE DIVISION OR CATEGORY?
You will need to pick one Division or Category. No one item may be entered in more than one.
WHERE DO I PICK UP MY ENTRY TAGS?
Your pre-printed entry tags will be ready for you during the above check-in times in the Exhibit Hall Meeting Room at the Events Complex.
WHAT IF I MISS THE PRE-ENTRY DEADLINE?
Sorry, only pre-entered items will be accepted at the fair.
HOW TO FILL OUT THE ENTRY FORM
- Start an entry form by completing the information at the top of the entry form. We need your name, address, city, state, zip code, county and phone number. Also check the category in which you will be exhibiting. If you are exhibiting in Open Youth or 4-H, please list your age. Please fill out forms completely and legibly.
- List the Division, Class Number, Lot Number and Class Description for each entry. (Click here to see a sample form) Use a separate line for each entry. Use a separate form for 4-H entries and Open Youth entries. For 4-H entries, also add the project year for each item in the Class Description. That way the judges will be able to tell what your skill level is for a particular project.
- Where Lot is "Other", list the description of your item on the entry form in the Class Description section.
- Be sure to read the requirements for each Division you are entering. Some of these have changed from previous years.
- If you are not sure you are entering an item correctly, please feel free to call Darrel at 623-5071 ext. 102, or after hours at 775-421-1366 and we'll be glad to assist you in filling out your entry form.
- Deliver or mail your entry form prior to the Pre-Entry Deadline. Due to a time crunch we will not be able to accept entry forms later than Friday, August 23, 2013 at 5:00 pm. On-line entries will be available until 11:59 pm Saturday, August 24, 2013.
- Bring your entries to the Event Complex Exhibit Hall Meeting Room on Tuesday, August 27 from Noon to 7 pm or Wednesday, August 28 from 8 am to 11 am. Floriculture and Fruits, Vegetables & Crops entries will also be accepted Thursday from Noon to 4 pm.
- Exhibits may be checked out Sunday, September 1, 2013 from 7 pm to 9 pm, or Tuesday,
September 3 from 8 am to 5 pm. Please see the Fair Board Member on Duty. Remember to bring your claim tickets.
- The Tri-County Fair is open only to exhibitors who are residents of Humboldt, Lander and Pershing counties, regardless of age.
- All entries, except Floriculture, Live Plants (FL2), must be made by the exhibitor within the last two years, and cannot have been entered in previous year Tri-County Fairs.
- The Tri-County Fair uses the Danish System, which means individual exhibits are judged one by one, on their own merits. Points and ribbon values are as follows:
Purple - 10 (98-100); Blue - 7 (90-97); Red - 4 (80-89), and White - 2 (79 and below).
- No exhibits may be removed from the building before 9 p.m. on Sunday of the Fair. Exhibits must be checked out by a Fair Board member.
- Each item may be entered in only one Division, Class or Lot. (i.e. A pillow case on which an entrant embroidered the design and also hand crocheted an edging may only be entered under Handwork / Needlework OR Crocheting / Knitting.)
- Exhibits must be presented as required by Division. See the Tri-County Fair Schedule of Events for entry times. This schedule will be adhered to.
- Disrespect shown to any award or to any judge by an exhibitor forfeits all awards made to the exhibitor.
- Group entries will be any project completed by a group of two or more persons in any age group. Group entries will be judged on quality and will receive ribbons accordingly, but will not qualify for high point awards.
- Superintendents and/or judges have the right to subdivide or regroup all classes for judging purposes. Judging sheets for all divisions are available on request.
- All exhibits must be clean and in good condition.
- Any entries not following these and specific Division rules will not be accepted. The Fair Board will make the final decision on the acceptance of any entry.
- No food, beverages, or animals will be allowed into the Exhibit Hall.
- The owner or custodian of any type of property brought to the Events Complex, either for exhibit or for other purposes, assumes , as a condition of its admission to the grounds, all risk of and responsibility for its loss, damage or theft. The Fair, its officers and employees cannot and will not accept responsibility or liability for any damage or injury resulting from theft, fire, the elements, accidents or other conditions or causes whether to the exhibit, property of concessionaires, vehicles on the grounds and articles left therein or any property of any nature whatsoever.
4-H AND GENERAL YOUTH RULES
The Youth Division is open to youth of Humboldt, Lander, and Pershing counties, ages 6 through 19 years.
- All divisions and classes are identical for Open Youth, 4-H, and Adult
- All general rules also apply to youth entries.
- 4-H entries must be project work.
- Older youth (18 years) may choose their division - Open Youth or Open Adult.
- No duplicate awards will be presented to the same exhibitor. The Tri-County Fair uses the Danish system, which means individual exhibits are judged one by one, on their own merits.
Points and ribbon values are as follows:
Purple - 10 (98-100)
Blue - 7 (90-97)
Red - 4 (80-89), and
White - 2 (79 and below)
- The Senior Division is open to all participants 55 years of age or older. However, seniors may enter the Open Adult class if they choose.
- Best of Show Senior award is sponsored by Humboldt Printers.
- Business Favorite Senior Award (gift certificate) Sponsor: TBA.
- Senior Citizens' Grand Champions in Home Arts and Agriculture will each receive a Wal-Mart gift certificate.
- Senior Citizens' Grand Champions in Foods and Creative Arts will each receive a Wal-Mart gift certificate.
4-H AND YOUTH AWARDS
- Best of Show in each division will receive a crystal award.
- High Point Exhibitors in each division will receive a special rosette.
- Cook of the Year will be awarded to the high point foods exhibitor (includes Foods and Food Preservation)and will receive a rosette and a gift certificate to C.B. Brown Co.
- Business Favorite Awards will be presented in each division. See various categories for a complete list of prizes.
- County High Point Exhibitor Awards will be awarded to each high point exhibitor from Humboldt, Lander and Pershing counties.
- No duplicate awards will be presented to the same exhibitor.
- $50 savings bonds will be awarded to the Grand Champion exhibitors in the following categories:
Agriculture, Creative Arts, Foods and Youth General Divisions.
- Mayor's Awards will be given to the high point 4-H individuals in the Junior, Intermediate, and Senior Divisions and also the High Point Open Youth from Humboldt County.